These rapid reviews have been produced to support the Infection Prevention and Control response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The rapid methodology and governance/sign-off process differs from the ‘development process’ used for the NIPCM systematic literature reviews. Governance was provided by the Scottish Government COVID-19 Nosocomial Review Group (CNRG).
Rapid Reviews of the literature
- SARS-CoV-2 variant : Omicron (B.1.1.529) – implications for infection control within Scottish health and care settings (v6.0, 14 January 2022)
- Assessing the Infection Prevention and Control Measures for the Prevention and Management of COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings (v25, 7 April 2022)
- Eye protection in health and care settings for the prevention of COVID-19 transmission (v3.0, October 2020)
- Infrared Thermal Imaging in Health and Care Settings (v1.0, July 2020)
- Respirators in health and care settings for the prevention of COVID-19 transmission (v2.0, January 2021)
- Risk of SARS-CoV-2 acquisition in healthcare workers (v2.0, March 2021)
- Ultraviolet light technology for decontamination of health and care settings in the context of COVID-19 (v1.0, November 2020)